Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Wut?

Whew, it's been wayyyyy too long since I've been around these heyah parts. A move to TN, sales of race cars, buying new guitars, trucks, vans and motorcycles, oh my!

So, after 10 long years at my previous job, I found what seemed to be the perfect opportunity in Clarksville, TN. 30 minutes north of Nashville, mountains, cheap living, what could beat it right? Other than my world turning upside down three months after I started.

But, making the best of it. Enjoying making changes and having freedom to grow the technology, integration and do some really cool programming and bringing things into the 21st century as far as technology goes. We have a tremendously far way to go and (as most credit unions seem to be) are horribly understaffed in the technology area. When the goal is to serve members, that's where the budget and bodies go.

You'd think being two hours from NCM racetrack, three from Barber and four from St Louis, I'd be getting some racing done but, no. Had to apply for a waiver from the SCCA this year. Pretty sure since I last updated this, I've sold the #10 RX7 and bought an ITS Porsche 944 from a feller in Statesboro, NC. Several good races at CMP with it before moving. Big issue with the starter getting hot and not restarting until the engine cools off that still needs to be sorted out. Good times with Vintage Drivers Group of America at Roebling Road the end of 2014. Papa Bear and I have joined them and looking forward to that avenue for racing as well.

Joined a local church but with three boys, sports, etc. been a tad busy to get involved in music there. In fact, after living in this house since June, most of the guitars haven't even made it out of the cases. This work till 5:00 and living 30 minutes from work stinks!

And, to top it off, I talked my lovely bride into a DOG! Never thought it would happen. We're not dog people and never really had any interest. But, something about living on two acres in central TN it seemed like a good idea. So, we have a beautiful German Shepherd Dog who is the biggest baby I've ever met.

And, that's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment