Monday, March 23, 2009

WE WANT CHANGE!

Yet another totally random thought (two in one night ... whodda thunk)!. We were at a different church on Sunday which was a unique experience. It was all prayer and worship. Not the traditional Sunday service. I enjoyed it for the most part but that's not where I'm going. One of the prayer times was for our country. The lady that was leading that time was talking about how Satan is really good about using our political views as a distraction and a way to drive a wedge between us, our country and our government. I found this very insightful as I'm not very fond of our new president but I truly believe the best thing we can do is pray for him and the administration. I believe that's what the Lord would have us do as Christians rather than continue the false internet rumors, gossip and overall complaining about all the issues we have with decisions he makes. Just think of how the majority of Jews felt about Jesus when he was on earth talking about 'change' and overturning the ruling powers. He was crucified for his talk of change. Are we doing what's most productive to show our light and love of Christ to others when we are talking nasty about the leader the vast majority of America voted for? It really made me think about what I say and how I talk about our government listening to this lady talk. We need to build up and guide with prayer (unless in a position to do something - which we can by our votes each fall)! I'm tired of people complaining or talking about things they don't really know anything about rather than what we as citizens of this great country can do to make a vast change and bring it back to focus on being a Godly nation again.

remember Cheese is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. If everybody had that type of focus, this place would be much different. I like it.

    ReplyDelete